Wednesday, June 17, 2015

What even is normal?

I just....I just wish I had a normal life for once...

countless times I've had this thought....but recently something occurred to me

Struggle is normal

It is normal to find life difficult. It is normal to want more, and it is normal to be disappointed from time to time.

No one on this earth lives a normal, easy, plain and boring life. We all like to think that there is that one person out there that nothing ever happens to...well I'm not sure that that person exists.

I've never actually met anyone so content with their life that they do not want to strive for more...whatever more is to them.

I even live in a place (for the first time in my life) that we say...well nothing ever happens in ________
(this is not true...our police do indeed have things to do, we just don't hear about it)

I've come to realize that just because I struggle does not mean that my life is abnormal. My life, in fact, is normal in that I struggle.
Without a struggle what is there to do? Do the same thing day in and day out and never learn how to improve yourself? How boring!

(Look at this I've started unintentionally throwing some philosophy at you...what does this sound like? Erikson?)

Struggles are a huge part of what make us who we are. It is not so much the struggle itself, I suppose, but how we handle the struggle. Every person in some way is going through something: stress, family stuff, work stuff, personal battles in their mind, something.

You have options when you go through something: ask for help, be proactive, be reactive, dwell in the issue, the options are limitless. It is how you choose to handle the struggle (positively or negatively) that determines how you come out of the struggle. So, what will you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment